Hi All. The City of Kamloops has posted the most recent business licenses on their website: http://www.kamloops.ca/blicensed/pdfs/2014/june.pdf (PDF file). Here’s the food-related rundown:
1. Jacob’s Noodle and Cutlet (260 4th Ave) - As shown in the top photo, not only has the business license been approved, they are also in full operation with a new Grand Opening banner hoisted in the past couple days. They are open Monday - Saturday, 11am - 9pm.
2. Pizza King (476 Victoria St) - As of yesterday evening (July 9), the “Opening Soon” sign had been taken down from the front window. Pictured 2nd from top, you can make out a menu on the table. Mr Smithey (my better half) also spied crumbs on one of the tables. They might just be open.
3. Ya Bubble Tea & Coffee (7-1380 Summit Dr) - Pictured 3rd from the top, this new cafe has opened in the former Dolce Amaro Cafe space. The owners are super friendly and the cafe is larger than I had previously thought. My photo is a bit outdated - I believe more signage has now been erected. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004747069494&fref=ts
4. Island Field’s Concession (1665 Island PKY) - (Not pictured) This concession looks to be located at the McArthur Island Field. I wonder if they have fries and gravy (a concession staple)?
5. Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill (225 Lorne St) - (Not Pictured) Steps away from Riverside Park in downtown Kamloops, this eatery has a lot of buzz surrounding it right now. It is located on the spot where the now-demolished Scoopz Ice Cream Parlour was (Scoopz now located at 280 Lansdowne St). https://www.facebook.com/sharkclubkamloops?fref=ts
6. The Chopped Leaf (45 - 700 Tranquille Rd) - (Not Pictured) This 2nd location for lovers of the green (salad, that is) sits at the former EasyHome site at the North Hill Centre Mall. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Chopped-Leaf-Kamloops-2/885517718128970?fref=ts
7. The Wandering Gourmet (25 - 4395 Trans Canada Hwy E) - Pictured 4th from the top (image from Google Maps). This one is a mystery to me! It looks to be located in a Mobile/RV Park in Valleyview. Online searches proved fruitless. I will solve this!
8. Vittorio’s Downtown (650 Victoria St) - (Not Picture). Vittorio’s has moved into the space formerly occupied by Crush Saute and Grill. This long-standing Kamloops restaurant features classic Can-Ital cuisine. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vittorios-Downtown-Kamloops/163761097004461?fref=ts
9. The Grind (100 - 125 4th Ave) - Pictured at bottom. This one is a bonus entry! Though not featured on the city’s new business license list yet, according to The Grind fb page, they have passed city inspection. From my sneaky photo, it looks like things are coming together nicely. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Grind/210033859035178?fref=ts
There you have it! Check back near the beginning of August for the next installment of Kamloops’ newest businesses!